I finally managed to get my simulator to work for Webstart (thx Dan Shep for your guidance). This means you no longer have to manually download it and updates should happen automatically each time you launch the simulator. Try it now!
I’ve also added a bunch of pages with the play rules for all cards that involve non-trivial decisions for the simulator. Feel free to comment. I also took the time to revise most of these play rules and this has resulted in a pretty big update for a bunch of cards and it’s now available (v1.1.4)
Bazaar was sometimes not played. This is now fixed. Once again, the Download Page is the place to be (v1.1.2)!
Here’s another small release to quickly fix a few bugs and add some cool things:
- the copy/paste bug that occured after deleting a bot is gone
- the temporary files of the game logs will be deleted when you close the simulator (you might want to check your default temporary directory because it’s probably filled up with a bunch of game logs)
- added some heuristics for Shanty Town (pretty much what’s mentioned here)
- improved Courtyard a little by letting it put useless terminal actions back on the deck
- modified Bishop and Chapel slightly to enable “the Golden Deck” (see this discussion), I added a decent bot: NGN – The Golden Deck
- and finally I added a cute bot that gains 1000 VP in 13 turns (it’s HUMONGOUS)
Go to the Download page to check it out…
I’ve released a new version with a few small fixes:
- resizable windows (I hope this solves the screen problems some people signaled)
- Horn of Plenty won’t be played if it doesn’t want to gain a card anymore
- King’s Courting durations should be fixed
- the confusing and cumbersome VXML-function has been replaced by a simpler Copy/Paste
Just go to the download page.
Also, check out the new page which explains the editor in more detail.
My simulator has gotten even more powerful. Here are the new features in this release (v1.1.0):
- a much improved layout for the sample games (hint: isotropic)
- Walled Village has been added
- a new button which will transform your Puny Province Playing bots directly into Colossal Colony Catching monsters
- and finally a whole slew of new buy conditions to tune your bots to infinity (count buys left, count cards in opponent’s decks, count empty piles,…)
Just go to the download page and get the new version. Enjoy!
After countless hours of brain storming, coding and testing, the first user friendly Dominion Simulator is available for all of you to enjoy.
You could be simulating your first 1000 games of Dominion in under a minute!!! Just go to the Download-page and then check out “My first simulation” or figure it out yourself, because it’s easy as beans!
I’m a contributor at the great dominionstrategy blog and have supplied some of the annotated games and combos mentioned in the blog so you can simulate them yourselves.
When you’re done with all the built-in strategies, create your own and share them on the dominion forum (use the VXML button)
If you really want to get better at this game, this should be a great tool to help you on your way to the top of the isotropic leaderboard (or just crush your friends in your home games).
Have fun with this!