The simulator code is now open source. So feel free to help me make this awesome tool even awesomer.
One of the priorities in my opinion is making a playing interface. I already started coding a basic GUI, but that’s it.
Here’s the new version of the simulator. It has these new features:
- Define a Start State: in the editor window there’s a new tab next to the description tab where you can put a fixed start state instead of the normal 7 Coppers and 3 Estates. What is it useful for? Well, you can test how bad you’re going to lose if you have $2P on your third turn and buy nothing versus your opponent’s $3P Familiar buy (see the new bots “Familiar (lucky 3rd turn)” and “Familiar (unlucky 3rd turn)”. There’s probably a lot of other stuff you can do with this. Be creative!
- Define a board: this allows you to add more board cards (that aren’t in the buy rules of your bots). For now I only see this as useful for Swindler, but might be interesting in the future
There are also quite a number of bug fixes and enhancements to cards (most inspired by DG’s suggestions… thx, Dave!):
- Forge should now always gain something, even when trashing nothing
- Governor has some extra play rules (http://dominionsimulator.wordpress.com/play-rules/promo/governor/)
- Library type cards will wait to be played if a trasher can be played before it
- Oasis has a lower play priority
- Ill-Gotten Gains will now be gained when Thief or Mint are played (over Silver)
- Warehouse will not be played if the deck is smaller than 2 cards
- When discarding (eg to Militia): trashers (like Masquerade) will not be discarded if there are good trashing candidates (which will also not be discarded) (if possible)
- Other things I’ve forgotten
I just released the new version (v1.1.10). These features are included:
-Governor/Warehouse combo has been enabled (although the mega-turn is not perfectly executed yet)
-Ambassador and Tactician have been given alternative play strategies (for agressive Ambassadoring and not always playing Tactician)
-“trash for benefit” card type was added to enable trashing Border Village (with Salvager, Apprentice….)
If you’re using the icon on your desktop to start the simulator check if you updated (help->about). If not, close it and click here
Check out the play rules pages to find the Hinterlands cards’ play rules.
There was a pretty big bug where the Golds disappeared from the supply after a few games. This has now been fixed (v1.1.8)
Just a few hours (30) of frantic coding et voilà, all the Hinterland cards are available for you to simulate.
Hinterlands is a very complex set (unlike the base set) as it adds more tactics while Dominion was mainly a strategic game. This is not good news for the simulator as strategies are easily defined in the buy rules, but tactics need play rules which are a lot harder to implement (eg Inn, Scheme, Cartographer…)
Play rules are definitely not optimal and I’d really like suggestions how to optimize them.
Have fun with this (v1.1.6)
I just released a new version (1.1.5) with these new features:
- a new bot selection system which is hopefully less cumbersome to find the desired strategy
- added “author”, “description” and “types” to bots
- some minor tweaks (like Mining Village is played a little later, Curses will not be discarded to Militia if we have a trasher in hand,…)
- added two new buy conditions:
- “#buys/gains needed to end game” which is the same as in rspeer’s simulator. Careful, this will slow down your bot considerably. I might try to optimize it in the future.
- “still in action phase” to aid with cards like Remodel, Ironworks and Workshop, etc
You should get the upgrade automatically when you start up the simulator. If you’re not sure click the “Launch” page.